Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Gift to Me!

So, it's Valentines Day. A day that I actually LOVE! Yes, it is abused, commercialized, overplayed, and quite often all to mushy; but it is also a day to celebrate LOVE and I see nothing wrong with that. This Valentines Day I am giving myself a feel good gift. I am going to do something I have wanted to do for years but have never felt good enough to do, nor have I felt I have the right to dedicate time to it and not to other more "important" things, nor have I been able to put myself out into the world and paint a target on my chest for compliments and things of the darkside. But this year, my loyal five, I am doing it. So here it goes.

3 years ago, I think, Abby of A Feathered Nest, a wonderful lady I have never meet but have stalked over the blogging world, posted an advent calendar for Christmastime. I am in LOVE with advent calendars and I want one for every month {really this is my goal and Han Solos nightmare!}. I took this goal and decided to start with Valentines Day. 2 years later I accomplished this goal and this year we have finally used my lovely advent calendar. Today I am entering it as 'MY peice of work' for a sewing competition I really want to do. The compition is called "Sew-vivor". I don't know how to put a button in a post but you can find the button with a link on my side bar.

So here is my Valentine's Day Advent Calendar...a knock off of a knock off...but 100% me! {Thank you Abby for the inspiration I always receive from stalking you}

Tomorrow when our newest Chewbabca is not stinky, screaming, and at my feet, I will explain how it works but for now a picture will have to do...for my real work is calling me...litterally. I hope you all enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment