Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's Nice to be Wrong.

This last year has been a moving year for those close to me. My three best friends moved over last summer / fall to two different states (Utah & Washington). Before this another great friend moved to Washington DC and even local friends moved further "down the road". Maybe I should shower more!?! Any-hoo, because I knew that I would be the next one to rent a Uhal, I have been reluctant to strengthen friendships here, let alone make new ones. I figured I still had one of my top 5 just "down the road" and that would be enough. Well I did become closer to one friend right off tha bat, but I knew that would happen. Then my eldest Ewok started preschool with a new bunch of ladies. Yes, I became closer to some 'church' friends and guess what? One moved this weekend and the other has her house up for sale with the same Realtor we are working with. REALLY, is this necessary!?! I yelled at myself then took a little self-evaluation of how well I was NOT making new friends in this area and came to realize that I'm not doing very good at it at all. I have in fact strengthened one friendship and formed two others that I never thought I would.

It is along these lines that I am glad to be wrong about a beautiful lady that is quickly becoming a dear friend. At first I thought that she either was (1) perhaps snobbish but very kind and working on changing it or (2) she really did not like the person I am but felt obligated to be 'friends' because our hubbies are friends. I WAS WRONG, on both accounts. My new impression is that despite her beauty, intelligence, and abilities she is not sure how others feel about her and where her place is in our area. (Funny how deep down inside we are all the same) I also feel she is kinda high strung about certain things and that makes her nervous and she does not like to feel that way so when this happens she removes herself (and children) from the situation. She is not abruptly leaving my house because it is not clean enough or good enough for her and her family, she just knows her limits. I think also she is a mover, she never really slows down for much, to eat or clean, or just walking. I am now excited about what I can learn from her.

This is what I will be writing in my gratitude book today; I am grateful for my new friendship and to be wrong about a person who confused me. I hope I can learn from this that I am too judgmental on myself and my perception of others and how they feel about me and my family. I need to stop projecting my insecurities thought others eyes. There might just be a chance that I will make some great friends here in the next few months and then miss them when I move. That is life, friends come and go and what is so wrong that.

1 comment:

  1. ok I am sending you an email with a song in it. It reminds me of what you are going through. I still sing it to myself when I find myself doing the "self" evaluation thing.

    ReplyDelete