Monday, February 8, 2010

Farewell Twenties

Age is Relative


They shall still bring forth fruit in old age;

they shall be fat and flourishing.

-Psalm 92:14


It always good to know that you are following the scriptures and this one is particularly easy to follow. As I sit here and eat my cereal I am hit with the reality that this is the last day I will ever be in the twenty's and I am starting on a new decade. WOW. I have accomplished many amazing things. Here are a few at the top:


1. I am sealed for Time & Eternity to the greatest man in the world
2. I have three amazing little girls
3. I have a Bachelor's Degree in my favorite field
4. While the numbers are limited the girls that I call my favorite are the most inspiring, spiritual, amazing, and beautiful women I know, I love them and they love me
5. We own a house (if only for a few more months)
6. I have traveled to different countries (thanks mom & dad) and learned so much from that
7. I have found a Hobie that I love and I think I'm pretty good at (which helps the ego)
8. My Han Solo bought me the coolest car ever for my birthday a few years ago
9. I still play and love sports, I dance every week, and get out of the house almost on a daily basis with my Ewoks to explore the world around us
10. Despite all the things I am trying to improve because I have not been as happy as I think I should be...guess what I AM HAPPY and I AM LOVED!


Not a bad list on the last day of my twenties.


President Gordon B. Hinckley said this;


"Age is more a matter of how you feel, how you think, and what's going on in your head than what's going on in your feet."


I hope that for the next ten years I will be able to remember this. I remember growing up and I had some friends who's mothers and fathers were the same age as my grandparents and I thought WOW they are old. Others were younger but acted old and then there were mine who were not too young and not too old. I remember them as having fun and enjoying life with my brother and I. I remember thinking I want to be young enough when I am a mom so that I can be considered fun to my kids and we can play and do things together. I had my first Ewok at the same age my mother was when she had me, so I am on a good track. Thanks mom & dad for the last 30 years and thanks Han Solo for still thinking I am beautiful and fun even if I will no longer be a twenty-something.


Farewell Twenties HELLO THIRTIES!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! I'm terrible at that these days. I hope Gary spoiled you like crazy. I love you to death and hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thats the spirit! Maybe the 30's will make you aware that htere is always someone somewhere that is better than you. The key is to never look for them!

    ReplyDelete