Monday, February 1, 2010

My first Failure

"The Lord did not send you here to fail. He did not give you life to waste it. He bestowed upon you the gift of mortality that you might gain experience - positive, wonderful, purposeful experience - that will lead to life eternal."

Is that not beautiful! I think of this quote every time I fail or think that I have failed at something. So why is it here today? Because it is February 1st and my advent calendar is not finished. And yet I will prevail. We will be writing our love notes to Han Solo tonight after dinner and tomorrow my family will write love notes to me and by Wednesday we will place those notes into an advent calendar that will almost be complete.

Yet with failure there is success. These are the items from my unfinished project that I did complete and it does feel great to be free of these. This week I am working on unfinished projects around the house. My list will be posted tomorrow. So here are my successes.

Actually the disc from Costco is not working so you don't get to see my successes but I completed all 3 church bags, made a dress for a friend, finished the up-cycled shirt dress, and worked a bit on other items. One day the pictures will be up...perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. So cut your list down to 2, yes 2! As we know you can always add. 2 is a good number. It can actually be acomplished in a day. In a busy,have 3 kids and a husband and a cat kind of day. You need to stop the self sabotage or it will become such a habit you wont recognise it! (you know experience when you hear it right?)
    I'm coming to play soon...love mom

    ReplyDelete