Friday, January 15, 2010

I am happy to report that TONIGHT has been about ME...or I should say I MADE it become FOR ME!

This night was supposed to take place last night as Han had no church meetings or activities that needed to be attended, yet we will shortly be saying goodbye to a dear grandmother and so took the opportunity to take the girls to see her one last time. And yet, undeterred in my quest I vowed to myself that I would take time for myself tonight, meetings and all.

When Han arrived home from work I told him that I would need to go out for a bit to price out a project that I soon will be attempting (details in a later post). I let him have his downtime; aka shower, and began to prep for dinner. With all but the cheese cut, I told him I was headed out and he would get some time with the girls (nice cover huh!). Challenge One for this week accomplished - I GOT SOME DOWN TIME. I headed over to a favorite craft store, did a little browsing & price checking then traveled up the road a bit to JITB for a cheeseburger, some curly fries, and a coke (all of which I will work off tomorrow). I then filled the car with gas while I ate my juicy cheeseburger and listened to music that did not belong to the girls. Then I headed home. All in all, a great 40 minute date with myself.

I came home to referee the dinner chores, brush teeth, and threaten death upon all Ewoks who refused to put their pajamas on. Han headed out the door for meetings and I put a Living Scriptures DVD in for the eldest Ewoks and read 2 books to the youngest. After the books and two songs the baby Ewok was asleep in her bed, the DVD was over and it was time for battle. I was prepared and yet the other two went down rather well; once separated, given a drink of water, an extra kiss, and a book each.

And so the second half of my evening for me began. I headed straight to the garage (my haven and home away from home), put on my own favorite DVD, "Pride & Prejudice" (2005 version, sorry but it's the best), and began to scrap a few pictures long overdue. When Han got home from his meetings he made me a delicious cup of caramel hot coco, chatted for a bit and then the rest of the night has been mine. And so now at 12:44am on Friday morning I am recording this achievement while my "&" chipboard dries and Mr. Darcy comes walking up the foggy hill at sunrise to proclaim his unquenchable love for Miss Elizabeth for the second time tonight. Ahhh, lets pause as I stare riveted at the most romantic moment ever caught on film.........

And with that I say, congrats to ME and good morning to you.

1 comment:

  1. I just read both these posts and am crying. I think I will call you this weekend. It's been way too long. I have been stuck in a rut for awhile now and something like this is inspired. I have been crumpled on the floor in tears many times as I fear the worst about Lorien's health, and think about the effects all of this has had on our family. I want to change it. I want to be in charge of my life. I will definitely call you.

    There is one other thing that has to be said: that version of Pride & Prejudice is indeed the greatest movie ever and I could (and have) watch it over and over. Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete