Thursday, January 28, 2010

Self-Sabotage

You know how you have those days were almost everything goes wrong and so NOTHING goes right, even if it did. Well, today is one of those days for me.

My morning routine was thrown off because we had an impromptu-to field trip for my eldest Ewok's preschool group, which means for me a family trip where I try and teach the girls something educational. We made it through in fair condition and then went to a nearby eatery with and outdoor play structure for the kids. We get few rainless days here on Endore in the Winter/Spring time so we had to take advantage off it. Again we fair okay but were sitting on the border line of disaster, which struck the moment the five minute waring was up. *!KABAM!* I sent three Ewoks up the structure and the Chewys meet me at the bottom of the slide with much hesitation and Chewy-talk. So onward and forward we went to BED! I sat next to them in bed as stitched another square of my advent calendar. As I was doing this I realized two things: (1) February starts on Monday and I am no where close to finishing the calendar and (2) that beeping sound, which was adding to my headache, was coming from the washer machine. Now the whole washer machine thing would not be so bad had I acted on my Mom's advise and extended our warranty last month when it expired, but as things seem to go in my life lately, I procrastinated, and now it is beeping. You don't need details {cause they are not pretty} but I spent much of my afternoon and early evening dropping towels into the washer to soak up the water that won't drain because the washer is off balance {according to it's lcd screen}. This is when Han Solo found me when he returned a bit early from work today.

But, before we add another character into the day we must regress a little...my sweet neighbor droped by to tell me that she is putting her house up on the market on the 14th of Feb. What the crap! My goal has been to have ours up by the beginning to middle of March. What am I supposed to do now. She is posting lower than we want to and she has no kids so her house will be {it always is} spotless at a moments notice when a buyer comes-a-knocking. I love her to death and yet I am so upset. She told me this, by the way, while I was in the middle of backing my fourth box of random crap that co-habitates in my house. Then of course feeling all mushy like I do, I gave her the rest of my boxes so she could get started packing. It probably was a subconscious act to prevent me from packing angry and breaking things. I called my best girl and cried for a bit out of frustration on the phone, then went back to the washer machine...which is when Han Solo had his dramatic entrance. So I ask what he thinks we should do about it - the washer machine- and he gives it a swift kick {so New Hope of him} and asks "Did ya try that!" Brilliant man of mine. Then he hits the express wash button slaps the lid down and hits start all before I can say a word. The whole afternoon of drenching towels in the washer to soak up the water, transfer those to a garbage bag, walk that to the bath tub, squeeze all the water out, take those back to the washer to soak up more water....need I go on, is flooded and washer away with three little pushes of his finger. I know that he was trying to help and that I asked him to help, but, ReALLy...I mean did he ReALLy just do that. I think my face said it all and he quickly came down stairs did the dishes and helped the girls clean up the carpet. Love ya, babe.

We moved on to cleaning the play dough off the table so left over night could begin. Yeah, that went well - NOT! Then Han Solo decides he is to good for left overs and oh yeah I have an extra hour of meetings tonight so I'm gonna make a few calls, leave, and pick myself something up while I am out. Don't worry about me Han my love I have not eaten yet either. Sorry, I get snippety when I am down.

So Here I AM, sabotaging my diet that I am pretending to be on, not working on my squares which I really want to get done, putting my kids in my bed in front of a show, and I'm gonna drink my third coke for the day, eat a bagel loaded with cream cheese, and call my mommy...

No comments:

Post a Comment